Here’s a short a blog post on what we do.
These ideas may be entirely new to you or just good reminders of our philosophy here at NHCAA.
In your varied experiences with other traditional and non-traditional health care practitioners you may have developed some preconceived ideas about what we do. Since what we do may be labeled “alternative” or “holistic” I’d like to clear up what we do and do not do so you understand exactly who we are and don’t confuse what we do with other doctors or healthcare providers.
What we do…
- We test your body to tell us what organs and systems need help.
- We work with patients on their food choices and nutritional supplements.
- We encourage simple lifestyle habits to improve health like:
– Get more sleep and exercise more (or less in some cases!)
That’s it. Pretty simple.
The results? A healed body through eating real food and whole food-based nutrition.
What other professions do this? Not medical doctors. Not nutritionists or dietitians. Not physical therapists or nurses. Not even chiropractors, homeopaths, naturopaths or acupuncturists. We Although there are individuals (including friends of mine) in every one of these professions that do heal with nutrition it is not those professions’ primary focus.
What we don’t do…
- We do not give people food recommendations or pills that damage the body.
- We do not recommend drugs.
- We do not recommend low-fat diets or vegan diets (which are too low in fat and protein.)
- We do not teach meditation, relaxation methods or yogic breathing.
- We do not counsel people on their job choices, spiritual life, relationships or religion.
- We do not tell you to do drum circles, sweat lodges or shamanic retreats.
There is nothing wrong with these practices, it’s just that we don’t use them in our practice.
We believe you should live your life the way you want to and we believe you should be able to do so as long as possible. We help you do that by giving your body the nutritional support it needs to function at its best.
If you want to be high strung, have a stressful job, do a triathlon or go to a Tibetan retreat in the Himalayas- then go for it. We’ll make sure your body is in good shape while doing so.
Yours in health,