What kind of stress and fatigue do you have?
There are four different types of stress and fatigue—
These are all poorly diagnosed and treated in conventional medicine. Holistic doctors and practitioners like us have a greater handle on these problems. Learn the symptoms of high stress and how to relieve stress below.
- You don’t want to look at a computer screen despite the work you still have to do.
- Eyes feel fatigued even with the right corrective lenses.
- The brain fatigue is worse on Friday than it is on Monday. Some recovery occurs over the weekend.
- It’s harder to concentrate to figure out problems.
- You rub temples or forehead for relief.
- Thinking is slower.
- Words, numbers, and letters get scrambled in the brain and when speaking.
- Difficulty to put attention on subjects other than what you’re well trained to do at work.
- You’re grumpy, and you don’t know why.
- Cloudy thinking.
- It takes longer to gather your thoughts or find words.
- One-track-thinking dominates over thinking multiply.
- You care less.
- Not taking on bigger tasks due to inability to stretch mental function.
- Naps don’t bring refreshment.
- Memory is not as powerful.
The three biggest causes are: 1) looking at a computer screen 2) thinking/problem solving 3) stressful situations. Doing all of these at the same time takes quite a toll on the brain. Doing them for a week or a whole career builds up.
2. Full Nervous System Stress
- Body won’t wake up in the morning.
- Loss of coordination.
- Shaking in the hands when doing fine movements.
- Both brain and body are exhausted.
- Hitting the snooze button in the morning.
- Needing to take a nap then waking feeling refreshed.
- Fatigue an hour after eating.
- Brain works well and fast, but the body needs to be pushed or pulled along.
- Pain in the mid back.
- No desire to get off the couch, exercise, clean.
3. Thyroid Stress
- Shoulder and neck pain.
- Gaining weight.
- Muscular weakness.
- Hair loss.
- Fatigue that does not go away after a nap.
- Short temper.
- Loss of physical endurance.
When you have fatigue here are a few things you can do to help it. All four of these natural stress relief solutions are equally important:
- Reboot your nervous system by looking at things outside while you go for a walk. As you walk, keep looking at objects and call them out to yourself verbally or in your head. “Tree, sidewalk, car, cloud, leaf, window.” Keep doing this for about 10 to 20 minutes then suddenly your body will take in a deep breath and reset like when you reboot your computer. When this happens, your nervous system, including your eyes and brain, is reset. Try it, it works. You’re not walking for exercise or cardio when doing this.
- Eat natural saturated fat and cholesterol. These fats have never caused heart disease so don’t be afraid of them. You’re eating these because that is what your brain is made of. Your brain is not made of bread, vegetables, fruit, coffee, antioxidants, protein, soy, water, granola, etc. Get the fat from fatty beef, pork, sausages, bacon, cheese, eggs, fatty fish, and butter. Low-fat dairy, lean meats, chicken sausage, and sushi are not fat enough if your brain is tired. When you eat the fatty foods, you will eat less food overall through the day, and you’ll get leaner and stronger, too. Only the man-made saturated fats like margarine and Crisco shortening cause heart disease.
- Stop looking at screens or reduce your screen time considerably. When you go home at night, don’t watch tv if you just spent 8 hours looking at a computer screen. That is the time to look at things outside or at a distance.
- Take supplements to fix the problem. You can guess or see us for professional expertise, so you’re not wasting time or money.
Yours in health,
Dr. Darren Schmidt