Anxiety & Depression
The basics of Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety. Maybe… Your heart races. Your mouth goes dry. You have
does depression and anxiety start?
Signs of anxiety and depression start in the gut. The gut is referred to as the “second brain”, where 95% of the body’s serotonin and other neurotransmitters are made. One of the causes of anxiety and depression is a neurotransmitter imbalance. An unhealthy gut environment results in a decrease in the number of neurotransmitters being supplied to the brain.
The brain relies on good fats, amino acids, trace minerals, and B-vitamins to function optimally, which means that proper amounts of good quality foods need to enter the gut, absorb, and metabolize.
Depressive or anxious symptoms can be brought on by organ dysfunction, such as an overworking or underworking thyroid or adrenal gland.
Immune challenges such as parasites can cause anxiety as well as depression, as they steal your nutrients from the food you are eating, and they excrete toxins in you.
These are the causes. No one is deficient in Prozac.
When should I see a nutrition response testing practitioner?
- When nxiety and/or depression is affecting your entire life, your relationships with others, your job.
- What you’ve tried already isn’t working.
- You are struggling on your own, completely cut off from people even though they may surround you.
- Your antidepressant is causing side effects, even additional depression or suicidal thoughts.
- You don’t want to rely on medications.
How will The Nutritional Healing Center handle it?
We use a form of muscle testing called Nutrition Response Testing. We target specifically what nutrients are lacking in the body and feed the body real, quality food. We assist the body to heal the root cause of the problem. Therefore depression and anxiety improve with our Ann Arbor mental health holistic services.