Executives, salespeople, administrators, and the modern office worker you may feel like your brain is fried!
When Your Brain Gets Overworked (is fried), You May Feel These Symptoms:
- Heavy head
- You don’t want to look at the computer screen despite the work you still have to do
- Eyes feel fatigued even with the right corrective lenses
- The brain fatigue is worse on Friday than it is on Monday. Some recovery occurs over the weekend
- It’s harder to concentrate on figuring out problems
- You rub your temples or forehead for relief
- Slower thinking
- Words, numbers, and letters get scrambled in your brain and when you speak
- Difficulty to put attention on subjects other than what you’re well trained to do at work
- You’re grumpy, and you don’t know why
- Cloudy thinking
- It takes longer to gather your thoughts or find words
- One-track-thinking dominates over thinking multiplies
- You care less
- Not taking on bigger tasks due to inability to stretch mental function
- Naps don’t bring refreshment
- Memory is not as powerful
Most regular doctors would call this “depression” BUT IT’S NOT! There are no drugs for this; only supplements and healthy food choices will fix this.
The Three Biggest Causes:
- Looking at a computer screen
- Stressful situations
Doing all of these at the same time takes quite a toll on the brain. Doing them for a week or a whole career builds up.
For comparison, body fatigue looks like these symptoms (just to name a few):
- Hitting the snooze button in the morning.
- Needing to take a nap then waking feeling refreshed.
- Fatigue an hour after eating.
- The brain works well and fast, but the body needs to be pushed or pulled along.
Body fatigue is also not “depression”. Too many people are on antidepressants and other psychiatric drugs for these two conditions when they just need specific nutrition.
When you have brain fatigue here are a few things you can do to help it.
All four of these are equally important:
- Reboot your nervous system by looking at things outside while you go for a walk. As you walk, keep looking at objects and call them out to yourself verbally or in your head. “Tree, sidewalk, car, cloud, leaf, window.” Keep doing this for about 10 to 20 minutes then suddenly your body will take in a deep breath and reset like when you reboot your computer. When this happens, your nervous system, including your eyes and brain, is reset. Try it, it works. You’re not walking for exercise or cardio when doing this.
- Eat saturated fat and cholesterol. These fats have never caused heart disease so don’t be afraid of them. You’re eating these because that is what your brain is made of. Your brain is not made of bread, vegetables, fruit, coffee, antioxidants, protein, soy, water, granola, etc. It is made of saturated fat and cholesterol. Get the fat from fatty beef, pork, sausages, bacon, cheese, eggs, fatty fish, and butter. Low-fat dairy, lean meats, chicken sausage, and sushi are not fatty enough if your brain is tired. When you eat the fatty foods, you will eat less food overall through the day, and you’ll get leaner and stronger, too. If you’re eating a vegetarian diet because you read an article saying it’s healthy, then find an article saying it’s unhealthy and follow that advice. See how your body responds to find out which is true for you.
- Stop looking at screens or reduce your screen time considerably. When you go home at night, don’t watch TV if you just spent 8 hours looking at a computer screen. That is the time to look at things outside or at a distance.
- Take supplements that repair a tired brain like RNA, ginkgo, bacopa, iodine, certain minerals, fish oils, and dare I say….brain. Yes, you read that right. Some supplements actually contain brain in them from lamb or pig. These are fantastic for neurologic repair. You won’t turn into a zombie. Pig brain was a standard food a few decades ago in the product “head cheese” but that’s been slowly taken out of our food supply.
If you are independently wealthy, you can just buy all these supplements and take them. That’s called guessing. Hopefully, it’s what your body needs and it doesn’t reject them.
However, if you don’t know what you need to take, and you are smart with your money, then come in and see us for help. We have helped thousands of people with tired brains and got them back to better functioning levels. I’ve even reversed Alzheimer’s before – twice. Your brain fry may be dreadful but I’ve seen worse, and it isn’t so difficult for me to handle.
Dr. Darren Schmidt