Now you have my top five foods for better memory to eat your way to genius.Food for Thought…
Top 5 Foods for Better Memory, Laser Focus, and Quick Thinking
One of the most common areas patients tell me they would like to improve is their memory and mental acuteness. The fact that you are reading this article tells me you are already pretty sharp.
But let’s face it, who doesn’t want to be smarter, brighter and have razor-sharp focus? I know I do!
There are many supplements that help amp up and maintain brain function and none of these are found in Red Bull, Monster or 5-Hour Energy.
For this article, however, we are going straight to the source…FOODS for better focus and memory.
Here are my top five favorite memory foods for a healthy, happy brain.
- Fish – Especially fatty fish like salmon and tuna. Fish are rich in Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids which are necessary for the health of your nervous system.
- Fats…Good Ones. Why fat? Because your brain and nervous system LOVES fat. This is due to the fact it is largely made up of fat and needs fat in order to heal and repair. Low-fat diets not only don’t help you lose weight, they starve your brain! Make sure you have a diet full of good fats like butter, flaxseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and avocados just to name a few.
- Liver – Grandpa was right to love his liver and onions. Liver is a great natural source of B vitamins which are necessary for brain and nervous system functioning. If you can’t bring yourself to eat liver (although I do recommend it highly as it is quite tasty) another good source of B vitamins is nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast can be used as a seasoning as it has a yummy, cheesy flavor.
- Eggs – Eating protein for breakfast is essential to keeping your focus and being mentally sharp throughout the day. But eggs are good for you anytime, not just breakfast. The yolk of an egg is also a good source choline which is an essential nutrient for brain and nervous system health. The best eggs are unpasteurized from free-range hens raised on a soy free diet that get to eat bugs. I bet you can find some organic eggs at your local farmers market.
- Veggies – Ok…ok…so this might conjure up the sound of a voice in your head saying…“Eat your veggies!” Well, guess what? Mom was right! Those veggies are full of vitamins and minerals which are fuel for your brain. Make sure to include nutrient-dense vegetables into your diet such as kale, spinach, and other greens.
Now you have my top five foods that are good for memory to eat your way to genius.