Dr. Darren Schmidt
The most significant health problem I ever experienced almost put me in my grave but also taught me a valuable lesson that was known prior to 1960 but forgotten and now I’ve rediscovered it.
In the month of October of 2015, I had two bouts of heavy heart palpitations that lasted a few seconds. It worsened and by December, I was having them on a weekly basis. In January of 2016, I visited an urgent care center for chest pain, palpitations, left arm pain, and left jaw pain. In February, my blood pressure was too high – 155/95. I had anxiety, swollen feet, loss of appetite, tight muscles throughout my body, shortness of breath with no exertion, and worsening heart pain. I had considered calling 911 on three different occasions but I didn’t because I knew the MD’s would not find the cause. February 3, 2016, was the worst night of my life. I only slept 3 hours due to these symptoms keeping me awake. I had no answers for myself despite having practiced hardcore holistic nutrition for 17 years and google searches galore.
After that horrible night, I happened upon some notes in my iPad I received at a nutrition seminar I had attended 2 years earlier. I found a list of heart support supplements and protocols to follow. I started taking 5 nutritional supplements and within two days I felt better. I knew I was finally on the right track. What was interesting was their formulation date. They were released onto the market in 1934! What did the developer know in 1934 about my health that I didn’t know?
I dove into the original formulators books and articles. His name is Dr. Royal Lee, the Father of Holistic Nutrition. Dr. Lee made these products beginning in 1934 after performing 9 years of feeding studies. See, prior to World War 2, all medical studies were feeding and nutrition studies. His goal was to reverse lactic acidosis, the most common mechanism of chronic disease. All the doctors back then knew about and treated lactic acidosis. It was the main focus of doctors who treated chronic disease between 1920 and 1960. It was forgotten after 1961 when Dr. Lee had lost a Supreme Court case and he was not allowed to teach anymore. See my other article on “What is Lactic Acidosis” watch lactic acidosis information videos, and take our lactic acidosis quiz.
Discovering lactic acidosis through my personal pain has been a great benefit to myself and my patients. By October of 2016, I had discovered that the Cause of my condition was chronic black mold exposure. To summarize: The Cause was black mold, the Mechanism was lactic acidosis, the Symptoms were heart-related. The Founding doctors in healthcare knew you had to treat all three.
The first time I taught this at a seminar was June of 2016. I got a standing ovation from the 125 holistic doctors in the audience.
My results with patients have never been better now that we know we have to treat the Cause, the Mechanism, and the Clinical/Symptom picture at The Nutritional Healing Center of Ann Arbor.
- Multiple Basic Level Seminars
- Advanced training twice: 1-6 and 1-9. Advanced Clinical Training Graduate #004.
- Advanced Booster Program
- TMJ Association with Subluxation Complex
- Nutritional Reflex Technique Basic and Advanced seminars
- Contact Reflex Analysis seminars
- Yuen Energetics seminars
- Metametrix Laboratory Analysis
- Understanding Fatigue: Addressing the Molecular Basis of Chronic Metabolic Disorders
- Practical Use of Nutrition and Herbs
- Blood Chemistry and Nutritional Balance
- Introduction to Neuropsychiatric Disorders and their Association to Diet and Membrane Disorders
- Purification, Weight Management, and Diabetes
- Clinical Tips on Structure and Nutrition for the Alternative Physician
- Modern Applications of Nutritional and Herbal Remedies
- Mastering Natural Healing
- Effective Herbal and Complementary Therapies
- Practical Nutrition from A-Z
- Foundational Nutrition for a Chiropractic Office
- Advanced Therapeutic Nutrition
- Effective Herbal Strategies and Complementary Therapies
- Pain Management
- Neuro-Mechanical Innovation: the Neuro-Mechanical Systems.
- The Importance and Application of Drainage Remedies.
- Nutritional Wisdom of the Masters
- Essentials of Nutrition Therapy
- The Next Step Applied Clinical Nutrition
- The Intracellular Detox System
- BioToxic Healing
- Bioenergetics, RNA/DNA factors, Herbalomics, and Cellular Healing
- Optimal Nutrition for Gut Health
- Clinical Detoxification
- Brain Health & Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Pancreas Health and Diabetes
- Health Effects of Electromagnetic Fields
- Why You Can’t Lose Weight
- Thyroid Dysfunction, Hepatitis, Digestive Dysfunction, Adrenal Cortical hypo and hyperfunction, Reactive Hypoglycemia, Nutritional Silver Bullets
- Exploring the Depths of the Endocrine System
- The Gonsted seminar
- Arthrostim IMPAC seminar
- Motion Palpation Institute: Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar, Pelvis and Extremities seminars.
- Applied Kinesiology seminars and internship
- The Legendary Formulas of Dr. Royal Lee
- New Dimensions in Herbal Healing
- From Soil to Supplement: A Course in Food, Diet, and Nutrition
- Multiple Morphogenic Field Technique seminars
- Herbology Training in Brisbane, Australia for 1 week with Mediherb
- Summer symposiums since 2010 with Systemic Formulas along with their fall and spring intensives on various subjects
- Low-Carb USA seminar January 2017
- The Charlie Foundation -How to administer the Ketogenic Diet Jan. 2017
- Multiple Healthcare Centers of the Future seminars with Dr. Dan Pompa.
Dr. Schmidt has taught 4,000 doctors and staff basic clinical and management of a nutrition practice since 2007 over 85-weekend seminars nationwide.
Dr. Schmidt co-owns Power Nutrition Practice and Power Practice Seminar, an educational and training company for doctors. www.powernutritionpractice.com.
Dr. Schmidt co-owns the Good Fat Company which makes the Good Fat Bars. www.goodfat.bar