The best defense against disease and viruses is a strong robust immune system.
Here are some healthy tips to help increase your immune system for the up coming winter months:
1. Avoid sugar. Sugar will interfere with the immune system faster than that annoying commercial will interrupt your favorite program. To keep the immune system healthy, stay away from the white stuff. This includes, refined carbohydrates and high fructose corn syrup as well.
2. Eat your greens. Fresh greens act like a cleaner in the body that cleans the vital organs and the blood. Greens are also high in vitamins, minerals and enzymes, which also help support the immune system.
3. Move your lymph system! Rebounders (mini trampolines) are great for this purpose. Rubbing your chest and underarms can keep your lymph circulating. Lymph movement is crucial for immunity. Moving regularly can increase your circulation and immune strength. This exercise should be frequent and moderate. Do not over-stress yourself at the gym, or your immune system will be temporarily compromised.
4. Eat more meals that are rich in spices. Eating curry, ginger, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, cilantro, rosemary, thyme and other rich spices enhance the immune system and taste great too!
5. Get plenty of sleep. A lack of sleep compromises the immune system.
6. See a Nutrition Response Testing Practitioner. Ask them about taking supplements that support the immune system like Cyrtua, Congaplex, Immuplex and herbs like Echinacea. The practitioner can find supplements to nourish and feed your body to help keep you healthy this winter.