Whole30 Challenge Group
Join The NHCAA Staff and Patients as we participate in The Whole 30 Diet Challenge starting after the Whole 30 class on Wednesday, January 25 at 7 PM in our office.
We will provide you with the tools and support you need to be successful!
- Free Whole30 Introductory Class on January 25 at 7pm
- Whole30 – 3 Nutrition Visits Special with Kerry Cradit or Dr. Amanda Childress for $145
- Whole30 New Patient/Report of Finding Visits Special with Kerry Cradit or Dr.Amanda Childress for $60
- 30 Days of Food Logs
- A private Facebook group with resources and support
- Free Whole30 Completion Class on March 8 with a chance to share stories, challenges and success as well as strategies to maintain your diet and health moving forward
You can purchase the books we will be using from a bookstore or Amazon:
- The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom by Melissa Hartwig
- The Whole30 Cookbook: 150 Delicious and Totally Compliant Recipes to Help You Succeed with the Whole 30 and Beyond by Melissa Hartwig
- Food Freedom Forever: Letting Go of Bad Habits, Guilt and Anxiety Around Food by Melissa Hartwig
If you would like to take on this challenge with us, please email or call Nikki at [email protected] or (734) 302-7575
The books are not required for you to participate in the Whole30 Challenge.
Intermittent Fasting Group
What is it? Is not a diet, but rather a dieting pattern. In simpler terms: it’s making a conscious decision to skip certain meals. By fasting and then feasting on purpose, Intermittent fasting means eating your calories during a specific window of the day and choosing not to eat food during the rest.
Here is what we recommend to our patients:
Step 1: Lower the amount of carbs and increase fats
Step 2: Remove snacks and stick to 3 square meals
Step 3: Restrict the hours of eating to a 8 hrs, a 6 hrs or even a 4 hours window; we call that intermittent fasting:
_Skip a meal and only stick to specific time window for eating
_ Have at least two teaspoons of unrefined sea salt a day
_ During the fasting time, if hungry you can have 2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil. (Add it to your coffee if you are skipping breakfast).
70% to 80% of the diet consumed is FAT
15% to 25% are PROTEINS
5% to 10% of CARBS
To help with your energy and hunger control during the fasting time, we encourage to eat more fat toward the end of the eating time:
Good Fat Bars that we sell at the office are a great option!
Use applications like MYFITNESSPAL or FatSecret to help you keep track of your carbs and fat intake.
Join us on The NHCAA intermittent fasting group on Facebook.